Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Camp Nanowrimo and dreaded plot holes



That's me.

I wasn't able to post the photos of the Erie Canal article. You can go to the mentioned websites to view the entire article with the photos. They truly are wonderful. 

Tomorrow starts the Camp Nanowrimo. 

Did you ever get into a situation where you have two separate accounts of a horse theft? I managed to outline them. Not sure which I want to use. I've already changed the outline. Same characters. Different timeline on events. Even eliminated a few characters and haven't even written the first chapter. Maybe I'm streamlinng. Go figure. 

If I wasn't so stressed, I'd be enjoying this. For me to put 50K words into this novel,which should end up between 75 and 80 K, a typical count for a mystery, I'll have to write 1700 words a day. Every day. Including Easter. Unless I pull double time. 

And there will be holes. I can see them coming in the distance. Pot holes (or is that plot holes?)

I know that's why you outline. I hope I don't have a brain freeze. After all, I am recovering from writer's block. Now, I know why I got it in the first place. 

Have a good one. 

pg 


No comments: