Friday, April 12, 2013

Yes, yes, I know I said I would create a new blog. Hasn't happened yet. I've been busy with Legacy and working with an awesome critique partner,
riding and caring for Smokey (horse) exercising at the local community center and playing cards on my computer. That's the ONLY place I play cards.
Please, I don't want to embarrass or financially bankrupt myself.

Legacy went great up until chapter 18-19 and 20. My partner has pointed out some major structural problems, fortunately the conversations can remain
basically the same, but the order of the conversations have to change. Whew! I'm not sure what to do with chapter 20. Again, I think the changes will be minor, but WHAT to do is another story.

I'm feeling really lousy today headachy, sneezing, coughing and just plain yucky. Just like that past few days in the Midwest. Fortunately, no tornadoes or blizzards, but still. It's damp and nasty. Smokey and my two charges, Mel and Doofis will have to wait another day for me.

Here is something I found on my Facebook page written by Patty Burkhart. I don't know you Patty, but you're up on Facebook and I'm of the age that I'd love this.




When I Am An Old Horsewoman
I shall wear turquoise and diamonds,
And a straw hat that doesn’t suit me
And I shall spend my social security on
white wine and carrots,
And sit in my alleyway of my barn
And listen to my horses breathe.

I will sneak out in the middle of a summer night
And ride the old bay gelding,
Across the moonstruck meadow
If my old bones will allow
And when people come to call, I will smile and nod
As I walk past the gardens to the barn
and show instead the flowers growing
inside stalls fresh-lined with straw.

I will shovel and sweat and wear hay in my hair
as if it were a jewel
And I will be an embarrassment to ALL
Who will not yet have found the peace in being free
to have a horse as a best friend
A friend who waits at midnight hour
With muzzle and nicker and patient eyes
For the kind of woman I will be
When I am old.

-Author Patty Barnhart

Photo Credit: Just My Tidbits

Patricia Guthrie I don't know Patty Barnhart--But, I'm putting this up on my blog.















No comments: